One of Europe’s biggest vegan festivals ‘Vegfest’ is coming to London Olympia on 21st-22nd October with a huge line-up of talks, cookery demos, workshops and over 250 stalls showcasing the latest in vegan food, drink, health and lifestyle.
This will be the 15th European Vegfest and the 5th here in London, and is expected to attract over 14,000 visitors and a huge list of special guests from comedians and musicians to chefs, authors, bloggers and athletes!
Swing by the cinema on the East Wing to catch some of the most influential vegan documentaries from the past few years – including “What the Health”, “Unity” and “Food Choices” – before hitting the vegan food village to grab some lunch from London’s most popular vegan restaurants, caterers and street food vendors. We recommend “Eat Chay” for some Korean BBQ Seitan, “Happy Maki” for sushi burritos and “Lazyboy Kitchen” for slow-cooked pulled jackfruit and classic creamy mac & cheese.
Five stands we’re excited for:
1. Ananda’s Marshmallows: Gelatine free marshmallows made with real fruit and natural flavouring, in 8 different flavours including coconut, caramel, raspberry and mocha. Yes please.
2. Chewsy: The UK’s only 100% natural and sugar-free vegan chewing gum. It comes in lemon, spearmint or peppermint – and with no plastic gum base it’s completely biodegradable!
3. ChicP: Somehow, these guys have managed to make Hummus even better. On a mission to reduce food waste, the hummus is made from imperfect, surplus veggies – and comes in a range of unusual flavours including carrot, ginger & turmeric and beetroot & horseradish. We’re most excited (and slightly scared) to try banana, avocado & cacao!
4. Create&Case: 100% cruelty-free and animal-friendly vegan products from a network of global illustrators and designers. From bags and purses to cushions and art prints, each item supports artistic talent, creativity and sustainable fashion.
5. Cupcakes & Shhht: These cupcakes are gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free little works of art. Coloured using flowers, spices, teas and veggies – we’ll definitely be lining up for a peanut butter cupcake.
Advance day tickets are available online (£12 for adults and £8 for students), or on the door at the Central Hall Entrance on Hammersmith Road (£15 for adults and £10 for students).
Saturday opening hours: 11am – 6pm
Sunday opening hours: 10am – 5pm